Subject: Issues with Golioth WebSocket Service

Hi Golioth Team,

I am currently experiencing issues with the Golioth WebSocket service and need some assistance. My application connects to the WebSocket API, but it seems that the connection does not persist and I am not receiving any updates. Additionally, I noticed that the documentation for the WebSocket API has been removed, which leaves me uncertain about the current status and proper usage of the service.

Here are the details of the problem:

Connection Established: I am able to establish a connection to the WebSocket API.
No Updates: Despite the connection, I do not receive any updates or messages.
No Persistence: The connection does not seem to persist, leading to disconnections.

I have verified my API key and the correctness of the WebSocket URL. I also ensured that there are no issues on my end regarding network or code implementation.

I have a few specific questions:

1. Is the WebSocket service available and fully operational ?
  2. Are there any known issues or outages affecting the WebSocket service?
  3. Has there been a change in the WebSocket API, and if so, where can I find the updated documentation?
  4. Are there any recommended practices or additional steps to ensure a stable and persistent WebSocket connection?

Any help or guidance on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,
Rubén Lázaro
+593 96 968 6491

Hi @rubenl97m, thank you for reaching out! I have provided answers for your questions below.

Is the WebSocket service available and fully operational?

Yes, the WebSocket service is currently operational.

Are there any known issues or outages affecting the WebSocket service?

No, there are no known issues.

Has there been a change in the WebSocket API, and if so, where can I find the updated documentation?

The WebSocket API has not been changed recently. However, with the launch of Pipelines, it is worth noting that streaming data that is not sent to the LightDB Stream destination will not be available on the WebSocket API. We are currently working on reintroducing the documentation with more information regarding how the WebSocket API is intended to be used by customers, and guidance on what services should be used for common use-cases.

Are there any recommended practices or additional steps to ensure a stable and persistent WebSocket connection?

Any application leveraging the WebSocket API should be resilient to intermittent disconnection. This may look different depending on if you are connecting to the API via another server or via the browser.

If you are able to share any information about how you are using the WebSocket API, as well as how you are authenticating, that would be help us provide the best assistance.